Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ, I invite you to join me and other pro-life leaders and groups from the Archdiocese in DC for the March for Life 2023. Thanks be to God that 2022 brought the end to the erroneous and damaging reign of Roe vs. Wade. We will celebrate this progress, but cannot rest until all states recognize and protect the life and dignity of each preborn child and expectant woman. I continue to be inspired by the many peaceful, pro-life prayer warriors and marchers who show up every year in public witness to build a culture in our great country where every life is cherished and defended. I hope you will join us.
ARCHKCK MARCH FOR LIFE TRIP FOR ADULTS
Thursday Jan 19-Sunday Jan 22, 2023
Join others from the Archdiocese (and thousands from across the country) at the National March for Life in Washington DC, from January 19-22nd! This will be an opportunity to share our voice as a local community in prayer and action for the legal protection of the unborn. We look forward to meeting together as an Archdiocesan group and participating in March for Life events in DC. Attendees will have a number of unique experience options (see itinerary) including breakfast with Archbishop Naumann before the March for Life and free time to explore the DC area. Individuals, couples and families are welcome to join — together, let’s stand for the unborn!
The Archdiocese is also sponsoring a specific Youth MFL pilgrimage — visit Youth March for Life Pilgrimage for more information.
- Each participant will arrange their own travel to and from Washington D.C.
- Attendees are encouraged to arrange flights through Reagan National Airport (nearest our hotel)
- Transportation to/from the airport can be arranged through a car pickup (Uber, Lyft, etc.) or on the metro system to L’Enfant Plaza stop (within walking distance of the hotel)
- Travel within DC is best done through car pickup or metro
- The Archdiocese has reserved and paid for a block of rooms for Thursday – Sunday (3 nights) at : Holiday Inn Washington Capitol-National Mall at 550 C Street SW, Washington, DC 20024
- All rooms have two queen beds. Each room can accommodate 1-4 persons. The cost of registration has been figured based on two individuals sharing a room for all three nights.
- Due to the limited number of rooms available, we plan to match all who are attending as individuals with a roommate (of same sex and similar age).
- If the participation numbers allow for private rooms, we will assign private rooms based on registration date for those who noted this preference in the registration form. Individual participants requesting private rooms must be willing to pay the full room price.
- Approximately $385 per adult.
- A down payment of $200 per adult is due at the time of registration and is fully refundable up through January 4, 2023. Registration is not confirmed until the registration form and $200 is received for each individual adult (minors attending with parents and staying in the same room do not need to submit a down payment).
- The final payment will be due by January 4, 2023.
- The per person cost of registration has been calculated based on:
- Actual per room cost for 3 nights
- Planning for two individuals per room for all three nights.
- Additional fee to cover group offerings (e.g. breakfast with Archbishop, gift bag supplies)
- Cost may vary if there are more or less people staying in one room.
- Payments cover hotel costs only. All transportation, meals, tourist visits, conference fees, etc. are the responsibility of the participant.
- To reserve a room in this Archdiocesan block, you must register and pay through the Archdiocese (do not reserve/pay the hotel directly).
- Registration is a TWO STEP process. There are two forms to complete: one is the registration information form and the second is the payment information form. Registration will not be confirmed until both forms are completed.
- Each participant must complete the registration form separately. Once that is submitted and processed by the Archdiocese, a link to the payment form will be sent to each participant. Registration fees are fully refundable up to Jan 4, 2023.
- The Archdiocese will provide a suggested itinerary for participants to be in community and join if they choose (see sample below)
For questions, contact Melissa Joerger at email@example.com or (913) 721-1570 ext 214
March for Life – Youth
Interested in bringing a school or youth group to the March for Life in D.C.? Click HERE for information.