TT 2022 Parish Registration is OPEN!!
The mission of Totus Tuus is to inspire in young people a true longing for holiness, a deep desire for daily conversion, and openness to their vocation by constantly challenging them to give themselves entirely to Christ through Mary and by continually strengthening their prayer lives in imitation of Her.
Totus Tuus is a week-long Catholic summer parish mission program for youth in 1st—12th grade that is dedicated to sharing the Gospel and promoting the Catholic faith through CATECHETICAL INSTRUCTION, CHRISTIAN WITNESS, VOCATIONAL DISCERNMENT, MARIAN DEVOTION, AND EUCHARISTIC WORSHIP. The program is led by a team of young adults who are trained and commissioned to serve the youth of the archdiocese throughout the summer.
- Proclamation of the Gospel…to arouse faith.
- Explanation… the examination of the reasons for our beliefs.
- Christian Witness…an experience of Christian living.
- Celebration of the Sacraments…especially Holy Eucharist and Confession.
- Active witness of the Missionary Nature of the Catholic Church.
- Click here for printable copy of the Five Pillars & Marks of TT
- The Eucharist
- Marian Devotion
- Catechetical Instruction
- Vocation Discernment
- The Eucharist has pride of place in the Totus Tuus schedule, for both team members and participants.
- Prayer — the Liturgy of the Hours, the Rosary, the Angelus, and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament—provides the
structure, but the celebration of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is the “source and summit” of the daily
schedule. Totus Tuus catechists will lead the young people to Jesus for a week; however, Mary will lead them
to Jesus for a lifetime. Therefore, Totus Tuus promotes Marian devotion. Meditating on the mysteries of the
Rosary, we come to see how Mary always leads us to her Son. Praying with her and to her, we hear her say to
us, “Do whatever He tells you” (John 2:5).
- An authentic catechesis, rooted in an orderly and systematic explanation of God’s revelation of Himself through
the person of Jesus Christ, provides the foundation of the program’s teaching. Totus Tuus instructs young
people in the basic tenets of the Catholic faith to cultivate both a firm intellectual grounding and a solid
relationship with Jesus. All of our teaching aims to help young people grow in the understanding of, strengthen
their faith in, and, most importantly, develop an intimate friendship with Jesus Christ.
- Totus Tuus strives to foster Christian vocations by encouraging young people to begin discerning God’s call in
their life to be married, a priest, a religious, or single. Team member’s sign a “covenant” in which they promise
to be open to and actively discern God’s will for them. Because they are striving to live an authentic Christian
life and are actively discerning their vocation, they can better help the youth to do the same.
- Finally, Totus Tuus demonstrates that one can be a faithful Catholic and still have fun. Morning “pump up,”
silly skits and songs, recess, water fights in the parishes, infuse the element of fun in the program.
- Week 1: June 12-17
- Week 2: June 19-24
- Week 3: June 26-July 1
- Mid-Summer Break: July 3-8th
- Week 4: July 10-15
- Week 5: July 17-22
- Week 6: July 24-29
- Week 7: July 31-Aug 5
FYI – The team will attend training with Totus Tuus National in Diocese of Wichita from June 1-10.
2022 Parish Registration will open at Noon on Tuesday, November 30th! Click Here for Parish Registration
Pastor approval and support is required in order to host TT in your parish.
1 team (serves up to 90 students) $1,750.00
2 teams (serves up to 180 students) $3,000.00
Participant Registration is conducted at the parish level.
- The Applicant must be:
- High School Graduate
- Practicing Catholic
- Available for the full schedule
- Applicant Should Have:
- Working Knowledge of the Faith
- Desire to work with youth
- Applicant Should Desire to:
- Learn & Experience the faith
- Work on a team
- Respect team dynamics
- Strive for a stronger prayer life
- Evangelize children and teens
- Travel well
- Stay with host families
- Spend oneself in a rigorous schedule
Ready to apply? Applications are completed through the National TT website. When asked which diocese you want to apply for select “KS: Archdiocese of Kansas City in KS.” First time missionaries should complete the “I’m Applying to be a NEW Missionary in 2022” application. Returning Missionaries should complete the “I’m Applying to be a RETURNING Missionary in 2022 application.”
6:30 a.m. Rise
7:00 a.m. Breakfast
7:45 a.m. Morning Prayer (Lauds), Rosary, and Silent/Meditative Prayer
1st – 6th GRADE SCHOOL PROGRAM
9:00 a.m. INTRODUCTION
9:15 a.m. Warm-up/Songs
9:30 a.m. CLASS PERIOD #1
10:00 a.m. Snack Break
10:15 a.m. Music Preparation for Mass
10:30 a.m. CLASS PERIOD #2
11:00 a.m. Mass Preparation/Confessions
11:30 a.m. MASS
12:15 p.m. Lunch-Recess
1:15 p.m. Cool Down-Water Break
1:30 p.m. CLASS PERIOD #3
2:00 p.m. Break
2:10 p.m. CLASS PERIOD #4
2:40 p.m. Gather, Review and Closing Prayer
3:00 p.m. DISMISSAL
3:15 p.m. Clean-up/Set-up for next day/Team Meeting
3:30 p.m. Evening Prayer (Vespers)
4:00 p.m. Team Recreation
5:15 p.m. Supper
JUNIOR & SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
7:00 p.m. Introduction/Review
7:10 p.m. SESSION #1
7:50 p.m. Break
8:05 p.m. SESSION #2
8:45 p.m. Night Prayer (Compline)
9:00 p.m. DISMISSAL
Each missionary will receive a weekly stipend per teaching week plus a stipend for training (approximately eight and a half weeks and taxes will be taken out). Stipend will be be paid bi-weekly via direct deposit. There are no expenses for the summer.
Each team will have one car/driver. The owner of the car will be reimbursed (at the current archdiocesan travel rate) for each mile driven.
Three meals a day will be provided when the team is in the parish either by host families of the parish itself. Team members may want to purchase additional food or snacks throughout the week of Totus Tuus or on their days off.