The Most Reverend Joseph F. Naumann was installed as the 4th Archbishop and the 11th Bishop of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas on January 15, 2005.
His chosen episcopal motto is, “Vitae Victoria Erit” (Life will be Victorious). Archbishop Naumann has championed the cause for the right to life throughout his ministry. He seeks to lead his flock in upholding and promoting the immense dignity of every human person from conception to natural death.
Through education and evangelization, Archbishop Naumann seeks to facilitate opportunities for encounters with the person of Jesus Christ, winning disciples that will live the Joy of the Gospel and lead others to Christ by the fruit of their lives.
Archbishop Naumann was born on June 4, 1949, in St. Louis, Missouri. He was ordained to the priesthood on May 24, 1975, and Auxiliary Bishop of St. Louis/Titular Bishop of Caput Cilla on September 3, 1997. He was appointed as Coadjutor Archbishop of Kansas City in Kansas on January 7, 2004, and assumed responsibilities as Archbishop on January 15, 2005.
- For a greater awareness that our life, health, physical and intellectual abilities, family, friendships and material blessing are God’s gift
- For comfort and consolation for those who have experienced the death of a loved one in the past year
- For the souls in Purgatory that they will enter into the perfect joy of Heaven
- For the Holy Spirit to guide the young men participating in the Quo Vadis Retreat, that they will know God’s will and have the courage to follow it
- For those grieving the recent death of a loved one, that God may comfort their hearts and grant them peace
- For families, that this special season will strengthen the bonds of family life