ANNUAL SCOUTING RETREAT 2021
The Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas Catholic Committee on Scouting presents the annual SCOUTING RETREAT at Prairie Star Ranch in Williamsburg, Kansas.
THE KENOSIS LEADERSHIP RETREAT format focuses on equipping and empowering missionary disciples! Find out more about Kenosis here.
Catholic boys & girls in scouting are invited to spend some time with Christ while having a great time. Leadership and faith lessons are paired with great activities, which vary year to year, but include archery, low ropes course, horseback riding, high ropes (power pole or climbing tower), gaga ball, and more!
2021 retreat includes horseback riding!
Mass is scheduled for Saturday night 7:15pm – pack your Class A uniforms.
- Feb. 6th – Registration opens to Middle and High School scouts (and their chaperones) currently participating in Religious Emblem classes.
- Feb. 14th – Registration opens for other scouting youth 5th grade and up if space allows.
- FEBRUARY 21, 2021 – Registration closes to allow for proper planning.
Prairie Star Ranch: 1124 California Rd, Williamsburg, KS 66095
ARRIVE: Saturday, March 6th, 2021 9:00am registration opens, go to the Main Lodge to check in.
DEPART: Sunday, March 7th, 2021 10:00am
OVERNIGHT OPTIONS: Cabins or Tent Campsites (Scouts must provide their own tent). Detailed instructions on overnight options here: Retreat Overnight Accomodations Sign Up Genius
DAY ONLY OPTION: When you register, you can choose to attend the day only. The cost is the same. Check out and depart ~8:30pm after mass.
MEALS: Saturday dinner and cracker barrel (late night snack) and Sunday breakfast are provided. There is plenty of space to spread out to eat and we can go outside if weather permits. All food will be served by adults wearing masks and gloves.
- Each participant and adult needs to register with one of these links.
- Bring all forms and payment with you to the registration table.
- Cost: $50 per scout, $15 per adult. Write checks to ArchKCK CCS or bring exact cash. The ArchKCK Youth Office and CCS supplement the actual cost of the retreat to bring you this event at a family friendly price. Free will donations are accepted at the registration if you are able.
- Print and fill out the appropriate Prairie Star Ranch Waiver. One per person is required at check in.
- EVERY participant (youth and adults from AHG and BSA) must complete the BSA pre-event Activity Screening Form, regardless of which scouting organization you are associated with.
- Bring a sack lunch for Saturday.
- Bring pillows and sleeping bags (or bedding) for the bunk beds. Campers bring all of their own gear (tents, sleeping bags, etc.)
- Pack light as this is a short event, but be prepared.
- Bring appropriate and modest clothing for outdoor activities – long pants for climbing, boots for horseback riding (some are available to borrow if needed), jackets, etc. depending on the weather forecast.
- Wear your Class A uniform for mass Saturday evening.
- Bring a daypack to carry your personal belongings including a water bottle (refill stations available), notebooks, pencil, hand sanitizer, sun screen, etc.
- Due to COVID, face masks are required throughout the event.
- Hand washing and hand sanitizing will be encouraged throughout the event. Indoor restrooms with running water will be available to all.
- There will be no fee due to cancelation for health and safety reasons. Please do NOT attend if you have any health concerns. Please adhere to the BSA pre-event Activity Screening Form.
- Due to COVID, dorm room capacities are reduced.
- PSR requires that only members of the same household share a tent.
- All Adults must be VIRTUS trained to attend the retreat and spend the night.
- All BSA adults should be YPT (Youth Protection Trained) and all AHG adults should be KEYS (Knowledge for Establishing Youth Safety) trained.
- Campsites and dorms will have (at least) 2 deep registered adult leadership. Wherever youth are sleeping, there must be at least 2 adult chaperones (and wherever BSA girls are present, there will be at least one BSA registered female leader). We will take a team approach and help chaperone all youth.
The final 2021 Retreat Schedule will be available a few days before the event, but please reference the 2020 Schedule to get an idea about what we do. The 2021 Retreat will include horseback riding, archery and probably the power pole!Please direct any question to Tonya Gast at email@example.com.