Every year we celebrate together, the accomplishments of many scouts and leaders, with special Scouting Awards Mass:
The Annual Scouting Awards Mass will return in 2023.Date TBD | 2:30 pm | St. Peter’s Cathedral, Kansas City, KS
Class A Uniforms (ScoutsBSA and AHG youth and adult awards are given)
Recognizing the birth of the ScoutsBSA program, Scout Sunday is celebrated in Catholic parishes throughout the world on a Sunday in early February. Cub Scouts, ScoutsBSA, Girl Scouts and American Heritage Girls members are all encouraged to wear their uniforms to the mass they attend on this special day.
Scout Sunday 2023: February 12, 2023 (a great time for Cub Packs to award Light of Christ and Parvuli Dei)
To place an order for American Heritage Girls or Boy Scout/Scouts BSA awards, please complete this ORDER FORM. You’ll be able to add comments and ask questions at the end of the form.
As a reminder, please note that medals are not guaranteed in-stock at the Archdiocesan Offices. If we do not have what you need on hand, and need to order, please be aware it will take time to process. To ensure the process goes as smoothly as possible, we ask everyone to expect a full 3-4 weeks for your order to be ready at the office. Please plan for additional shipping time if you would like us to mail the awards to you, which we are happy to do.
(CUB SCOUTS) To purchase 2022 awards (Parvuli Dei and/or Light of Christ medals), please contact April in the Archdiocese office for more info.
(ScoutsBSA & AHG) DEADLINE TO ORDER 2022 AWARDS (to arrive prior to our awards mass): March 11, 2022
Classes normally begin in August or September for the following:
- Scouts BSA
- Ad Altare Dei: Designed for any youth of the Roman Catholic Faith who is registered in a ScoutsBSA Troop or Crew. Generally recommended for 7th grade and up.
- AD ALTARE DEI BOARD OF REVIEW: Wednesday, March 9, starting at 7pm. Register here
- Check with your troop’s Religious Emblems Coordinator or Chaplain to see when your next AAD Class is starting.
- NEW ONLINE OPTION FOR CATHOLIC BOYS AND GIRLS (ages 13-18) IN NON-CATHOLIC CHARTERED TROOPS! In a special outreach ministry delivered through live, online classes (via Zoom), the Catholic Committee on Scouting in the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas, is offering the opportunity to Scouts in non-Catholic units throughout the Archdiocese to fulfill his or her Duty to God and earn the Catholic Religious Award. We are very excited to offer this first-of-its-kind class.
To learn more, and to register (REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR 2021-22 ONLINE CLASSES), click HERE. Classes start in September.
- In person classes will be announced soon, contact Steve Mahr for more information. SMahr@emjmetals.com
- Pope Pius XII – designed for Venturing Crew Members and BSA members 15 years and older.
- American Heritage Girls Catholic Faith Awards (Contact Tonya Gast at email@example.com)
- Deus Et Civitas Mea God and My Community for Pioneers – typically 7th and 8th grade.
- Femina Integritatis Women of Integrity for Patriots – typically 9th-12th grades.The Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas’s Catholic Committee on Scouting is proudly offering special online (Zoom) Catholic Faith Award (CFA) programs for American Heritage Girls at the Pioneer and Patriot levels. This program is open to Catholic AHG girls from any AHG troop (Catholic and Non-Catholic) in the Archdiocese of Kansas City in KS. We are very excited to offer this first-of-its-kind class. To learn more, and to register, CLICK HERE.
Looking for program books? Please follow the links below to find what you need!
Adult Scouting Awards DEADLINE TO NOMINATE ADULTS: March 5, 2022
These require specific applications, which you will need to submit for approval. Once the application has been reviewed and approved by the local Catholic Committee on Scouting, the petitioner will be contacted on the next steps to take. Please email all completed nominations to Steve Mahr, CCS Religious Emblems Coordinator: SMahr@emjmetals.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bronze Pelican Application
- St. George Application
- St. Anne Application
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Application
Pope St. Paul VI National Catholic Quality Chartered Unit Scouting Award
The Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas’ Catholic Committee on Scouting (CCS) asks that all chartered Catholic units annually:
1) Incorporate Catholic activities into their Fall unit program planning discussions, and
2) Submit an application every Spring to measure their achievements and progress as a Catholic scouting unit. There are three levels for this unit award (Gold, Silver and Bronze); advanced unit planning is the only way to provide extra Catholic scouting opportunities so these units can achieve the higher award levels.
This award requires a specific application which you will need to have signed by the unit leader and Chartered Organization Representative (COR) and submit for approval. Once the application has been reviewed and approved by the local CCS, the petitioner will be contacted on the next steps to take.