Christ’s Peace House of Prayer Guest Guidelines
Revised May 26, 2021
At Christ’s Peace House of Prayer, we are constantly evaluating and monitoring the fast-evolving situation with the Coronavirus and are in touch with our Archdiocese, the local Department of Health and the CDC for guidance and recommendations. Below you’ll find guidelines that everyone here, staff and guests, are expected to follow.
COVID GUIDELINES FOR GUESTS
- If you have a temperature above 99.9 degrees, test positive for COVID-19, are not well, or have been near a sick person, please do not come.
- It is recommended that all guests and staff sanitize their hands upon entering the main building, kitchen and chapel.
- Masks are optional, guests are asked to respect the personal space of others.
Please contact us immediately if you get sick within 7 days of your visit.
GUEST CLEANING GUIDELINES
We appreciate your assistance in preparing your dwelling for the next guest and invite you to pray for them as you kindly complete the following:.
- A bag with the name of your dwelling on it will be provided for your departure day with clean bed linens and towels. On the day of your departure, please change all bed linens and towels, place all of them in the bag (even if they were not used) and bring the bag up to the kitchen area.
- Guests are asked to spray and wipe down the Kitchen and Bathroom Sinks and Counters, Bathroom, Shower and Toilet. Microfiber rags and cleaning supplies can found under the bathroom sink.
- Replace the trash bags with new liners found in kitchen drawer. Bring up all trash and place in the west parking lot dumpster and place recyclables in the bin next to the white freezer in the main kitchen.
- Wash and put away your dwelling’s dishes and bring up to the main building the Tupperware and thermos you used.
- Turn off all electrical devices: Lights, Stove/Oven, Air Conditioner, Coffee Maker, etc.
- During the winter months, leave both thermostats set at 55 degrees. During summer months, shut off the air conditioner.
- Empty the refrigerator of all food you bring and take home all your belongings.
- Raise the blinds, be sure the exterior door is shut tightly and the cabin screen door is latched behind you.
Fill out the evaluation form and leave it on your desk. Be sure to note the following:
- If any of the furnishings are dirty: mattress pad, pillow protectors, comforters, rugs, etc.
- If any supplies are getting low: Tissue, toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, coffee, sugar, etc.
- If any maintenance needs to be done to the Cabin/Room.
FACILITY CLEANING GUIDLINES
- If any guests get sick, we will clean the used space according to CDC guidelines.
GENERAL HEALTH GUIDELINES
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- We ask that you do not approach any cabins other than your own.
- To maintain an atmosphere of solitude, we ask that guests not play musical instruments outside their dwelling or talk on their cellular phone in the common areas.
- Guests are asked to dress modestly while outside their dwelling on our property.
- Out of respect for all our guests, we are a smoke free environment.
- Out of respect to people with allergies, do not allow the cat or any other animals into the any of the dwellings or the main building.
- You are welcome to photograph our many nature scenes. If you wish to take photos of people, please obtain their consent first.
- We have a bookstore and a good-sized library of books as well as a smaller selection of cassettes, and CDs that may be borrowed by guests. Portable CD players and cassette players are available.
- Please be mindful of keeping the environment clean. Please take all materials that should be discarded to your cabin or hermitage or to the main building for appropriate disposal.
- As part of our stewardship of creation, we invite you to join us in our recycling efforts. We separate and recycle paper, plastic bottles, glass containers, tin cans and aluminum cans. Your assistance and cooperation will be greatly appreciated.
- Please do not trespass on our neighbors’ property. To ensure that you remain on our land, keep on the paths, obey the signage and do not cross any fences or walk on the creek bed which leads to our neighbor’s property.
- Use bug spray which is provided, stay on the cleared paths and do not walk in the tall grass to try to avoid ticks. Be sure to check yourself and remove any ticks at the end of each day.
- The ponds cannot be used for swimming.
- Do not light fires in the fields, woods, or at the stone circle. Do not burn incense or candles at our outdoor shrines or in any of the dwellings because of the risk of causing a fire.