At Christ’s Peace House of Prayer, guests may choose to make a private retreat, a guided retreat, a group retreat, or sabbatical retreat (one month or more). All guests are invited to share meals and four periods of daily prayer with the staff and other guests.
Many guests spend their time following a personal prayer practice, reading spiritual texts, writing, meditating, walking on our extensive nature trails, journaling, napping, and working on creative projects or simply enjoying the beauty of nature and the deep quiet of the forest. You may ask for help in structuring your time here. Spiritual direction is available; please request an appointment when making your reservation.
Individual Private Retreat: Guests set their own agenda for their solitude. Some guests prefer to join the staff and other guests for prayers and meals, and others seek total solitude, simply checking in once a day on a sign-in sheet. The following options are available for a private retreat:
Daylight Retreat: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Overnight: Any Night
A weekend: Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon
One week or longer
Guided Retreat: Guests who want a guided retreat of any length can meet periodically with a director and receive help in structuring their retreat, if desired.
Sabbatical Retreat: A sabbatical retreat provides an opportunity to come away for a longer period of prayer, rest, and renewal for one month to a year. Sabbatical guests are invited to share meals and daily periods of prayer with the staff and other guests, or to take a time of complete silence and solitude other than signing in once a day.
Group Retreat: A retreat leader reserves space for a group and leads that group in a retreat.
Monthly Preached Retreats: Christ’s Peace offers the following preached retreats. There are conferences, Eucharistic Adoration, Mass, Confession and time for private prayer, reflection and walking. Cabins/Courtyard Rooms: $170 Single/$250 Couple or Single Guest Rooms: $100 (Meals Included). To attend, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 913.773.8255
2021 Monthly Preached Retreat Schedule
September 17-19: Living in the Present Moment
October 15-17: Discovering the Wisdom of Saint Pope JPII
November 19-21: Unlocking Difficult Scripture
December 3-5: Advent Silent Retreat
January 7-9: New Year Spiritual Reflection and Planning
Tailored Preached Retreats: Let retreat master, workshop leader, speaker and spiritual mentor Vince Eimer lead your group on a retreat tailored to meet the needs of individuals and groups on a variety of topics in the Catholic spiritual tradition. He has been a spiritual director for 17 years, was a Benedictine Monk for 16 years, has three units of Clinical Pastoral Education and is a graduate of the Spiritual Mentorship Program of the School of Faith and the Apostles of the Interior Life. Our capacity is up to 30 persons for a day retreat or 9 double bed and 8 single bed spaces for an overnight retreat. Half day, full day, or weekend. A donation of $35/lecture is suggested for this service.
Sample Talks and Workshops:
- Discernment of Spirits – Fr. Timothy Gallagher
- The Shroud of Turin
- Dorothy Day and Social Justice
- Poustinia Desert Weekend – Catherine de Hueck Doherty
- Work and Holiness
- Deep Conversion Deep Prayer by Thomas Dubay
- Trinitarian Spirituality
- Marian Spirituality
- Christian Joy
- Marian Consecration
- On the Call to Holiness – Pope Francis
- God’s Plan for Us: Deification
- The Virtues
- The Little Way of St. Therese
- Prayer Primer – Thomas Dubay
- The Way to Holiness – Interior Freedom thru growth in Faith, Hope, Love – Fr. Jacques Philippe
- Salvation History
- On the Eucharist – Fr. Robert Barron
- St. Thomas Aquinas and Revelation- Spiritual Master – Fr. Robert Barron
- Fire in the Soul: On the Holy Spirit
- On Thomas Merton
- Advent Retreat on Christology
- The Cross: The Value of Suffering
- The Incarnation – Cradle of Redeeming Love – John Saward
- Carmelite Spirituality – St. Teresa of Availa and St. John of the Cross
- On the Trinity
- Lectio Divina
- Holy Week Retreat: From the Entrance into Jerusalem to the Resurrection – Jesus of Nazareth – Pope Benedict XVI