Christ’s Peace House of Prayer
A sabbatical retreat provides an opportunity to come away for a longer period of prayer, rest, and renewal for one month to a year. Sabbatical guests are invited to share meals and daily periods of prayer with the staff and other guests, or to take a time of complete silence and solitude other than signing in once a day.
We look forward to the possibility of welcoming you as a sabbatical guest! In order to help us serve you, please copy and paste the application below into an email, fill it out and send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A person to person interview will be requested once availability is confirmed. Feel free to call with any questions: 913-773-8255.
General Personal Information:
- Where will you be coming from (City, State)?
- Cell Phone:
- Requested date(s) of arrival:
- Requested date(s) of departure:
- Select one: Married – Single – Priest – Religious
- Parish/Religious Affiliation:
- How did you hear about us?
- Why are you seeking a sabbatical?
- What are your expectations for your sabbatical?
- What are your expectations of Christ’s Peace during your sabbatical?
- Guests in solitude are expected to check in daily. What amount of solitude and silence do you intend to be in?
- Do you have previous experience in being in solitude for an extended period of time?
- Describe your relationship with God. How do you pray? How do you become aware of God’s presence in your life?
- Do you expect to join the daily prayer offered at Christ’s Peace?
- Sabbatical guests are expected to touch base with the director once a week. Do you expect this to be a problem?
- Would you like help structuring your sabbatical time?
- Would you like Spiritual Direction?
Health and Essentials
- View Accommodations on our website and let us know if you would like a Cabin or Courtyard Room ($800/month with meals or $600/month without meals):
- Do you intend to take meals and if so, do you have any dietary restrictions?
- Would you want your meals packed to eat in solitude?
- Will you need internet access?
- Are you presently under psychiatric care, medication, private therapy or spiritual direction? (Please explain.)
- Would you say that you are in good physical health? If not, please explain:
- Would you be interested in helping with manual work around the grounds which could help bring balance and relaxation during your time of sabbatical?
- Any other comments, questions, or requests?