As a follower of Jesus Christ we find that things and money are no longer as satisfying. The Second Vatican Council reminded us that we are called to build up not only our world but the Kingdom of God. We work in partnership with God, sharing in a divine human collaboration in creation. This is central to our lives as Christian stewards. (USCCB: To Be a Christian Steward, 2013)
He has created us, and this wonderful world. We have the skills and knowledge to make more of this creation.
The joyful appreciation for the God-given beauty and abundance of our lives and everything around us is the heart of being a faithful steward. This abundance, these fruits of our labor taste so much better when we have the chance to share them with others.
- Riches and Worldly Concerns (Daily Reflection of Pope Francis, June 22, 2013)
- The Spirituality of Stewardship: USCCB
- Quotes from Pope Francis for many pastoral topics VIEW
- Catholic Social Teaching: Preferential Option for the Poor Themes, Scripture, and Resources
- Scripture: 1 Peter 4:9-11, Mattew 6:31-33
- International Stewardship Council