We are a community committed to preventing abuse. Our policies and programs prioritize safety of children and the vulnerable.
We care about survivors of abuse.
Victim Care Advocate: (913) 298-9244
Healing Prayer Service
Monthly Rosary for Healing and Protection
We invite you to support to our brothers and sisters wounded by sexual abuse in the church by praying in solidarity for their healing and for the protection of all who are vulnerable. This rosary lifts up our prayers to God through Mary’s loving intercession.
The Healing Rosary is offered the third Wednesday of each month at 7:15 AM.
MOCSA (Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault): Serves the Kansas City Metro Area.
- 24 hour Crisis Line 913-642-0233
- Counseling for Children and Families
- Counseling for Adults
- Support Group for Adults
- Legal Assistance for Victims of Sexual Abuse
- Community Education Resources
THE SEXUAL TRAUMA & ABUSE CARE CENTER: Serves Douglas, Franklin and Jefferson Counties in Kansas
- Provides 24/7 support to anyone affected by sexual trauma 785-843-8985
- Individual Therapy
- Child and Family Therapy
- Support Groups
- Prevention and Education
- Safe space to learn about sexual abuse; self-care and resiliency
- Online Survivor Circles to connect with other survivors in a group facilitated by a clinician
- Updated information on civil laws by state
RAINN: Largest nationwide anti sexual violence organization
- 24/7 Sexual Assault Hotline
- 24/7 Sexual Assault Chat
- Public Policy Advocacy
CHILD HELP NATIONAL CHILD ABUSE HOTLINE
- Call, Text or Chat online to get help reporting abuse
- Resources for Teens
- Help for men who have experienced sexual abuse
- Anonymous Online Support Group for Men
NSRVC: National Sexual Violence Resource Center
- Online directory of providers by state
- Online library of topics related to sexual abuse
988 Suicide Crisis Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- 24/7 Crisis line providing free and confidential support for anyone in distress
- Survivor Support Circles for adult who have experienced sexual abuse by a person in leadership in the Catholic Church. For more information email email@example.com
- Monthly Courageous Conversations – an online speaker discussion series
- Survivor Blog
USCCB (United States Conference of Catholic Bishops) Charter for the Protection of Young People
The Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas has a sincere commitment to protecting our vulnerable from abuse. When those efforts fail, we strive toward transparency in the hope of healing and restoration. There is much work left to do to atone for the heinous sins and crimes committed by those who were entrusted with the sacred care of the vulnerable.