Note: To apply for the One Faith Capital Campaign funds to assist parishes with excess buildings and property resulting from parish mergers or shifts in community demographics, please contact the Archdiocesan Finance Office at 913-647-0361.
The Parish/School Emergency Aid Fund was established through the Archbishop’s Call to Share 2006 appeal to assist parishes and or schools who may experience an unplanned/unbudgeted expense. The distributions of grants are recommended by the Clergy Advisory Committee (CAC) with approval by the Archbishop. Since the inception of this fund, $1,111,698.50 (as of 11/26/2019) has been awarded to help allay unexpected, urgent expenses.
Criteria for Evaluation of the Emergency Aid Requests
Although all recommendations for grants are approved or not approved by the Archbishop, the following issues will be considered when reviewing applications and making recommendations for grants of emergency aid funds:
- Emergency is defined as “situation that occurs beyond the control of the parish or school”
- Is the situation a result of “deferred” or “delayed” maintenance?
- Financial resources – review of parish/schoolfinances with CFO
- Has the parish considered applying for a loan from the archdiocese to offset the unexpected expense?
- Has a special appeal been made to the parishioners for the funds for the repair?
- Are funds available in savings?
- Capital improvement/repair estimates
- The estimates and invoices are subject to review with the archdiocesan real estate and construction office.
- Have the appropriate number of bids been obtained per the archdiocesan handbook?
- Form: Grants are awarded via an application process. Click here to open the file. IMPORTANT: SAVE THE FILE TO YOUR COMPUTER BEFORE FILLING IT OUT.
Criteria for Evaluations for DEFFERED Maintenance Aid Request
Although all recommendations for grants are approved or not approved by the Archbishop, the following issues will be considered when reviewing applications and making recommendations for grants of deferred maintenance aid funds:
- Limit parish requests to once every five years
- Limit the total grants to three parishes/schools per year (depending on cost)
- Determine whether the delayed maintenance will prove to be an emergency later
- Determine parish/viability as indicated by the Regional Pastoral Plans
- Assess total parish/school savings account in order to cover three months of expenses
- Assess whether or not the parishioners have been asked to donate, if not, why not
- Awards may be allocated between grants and loans
- Form: Grants are awarded via an application process. Click to here to open the file. IMPORTANT: SAVE THE FILE TO YOUR COMPUTER BEFORE FILLING IT OUT.