LUNCH AND LEARN
Wednesday, August 23, 2023
1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Wills and trusts
In celebration of a parish legacy of 150 years serving the sacramental life and community life of the parish, Father Mark Mertes is offering a series of Lunch and Learn events for the faithful. The first Lunch and Learn event will offer ways to create your own legacy faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church, using gift planning solutions and strategies that will benefit you, your heirs, and charity. Tools to help save on taxes and generate income during retirement and/or for your heirs will be offered at this event on June 14th. We hope you will attend Mass at 12:15 pm and then journey to the parish hall at 12:45 pm to connect with Father Mertes and other parishioners before the presentation by Casey Connealy, Estate Planning Attorney with Gaughan and Connealy, begins at 1:15 pm.
Enjoy an introduction by Laura Haeusser on a “Legacy of Faith.” Take-home resources on the tools offered to help one maximize their assets and financial resources for life, heirs, and charity will be given. Gift planning is most commonly done with estate planning. Make sure you have the right plans in place through this series of “Lunch and Learn” events.
The presentation will cover:
- PROBATE – what is it, why does everyone want to avoid it?
- How do I ensure my children don’t waste or lose their inheritance?
- If I die first, and my spouse remarries, will my kids still get the money?
- How do I leave my money to my kids whom are financially irresponsible?
- How do I keep my assets in the family and protect them from lawsuits, or my child’s ex-spouse?
- How do Estate Taxes work and are there any strategies to reduce taxes at death?