About the Catholic Legacy Society
The Catholic Legacy Society illuminates the planned legacy gifts created by members of the Catholic faithful who reside in the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas. Your gift and membership are included in the Catholic Legacy Society when you belong to your parish legacy society or you enroll directly through the archdiocese’s Catholic Legacy Society form. Catholic Legacy Society members have left a legacy gift through their:
- or Designated Beneficiary or Transfer on Death (TOD) through a life insurance, IRA, 401k, stock gift, Donor Advised Fund, or charitable gift annuity
The legacy gift must be for the benefit of an archdiocesan parish, school, or ministry and the designated beneficiary or bequest should be noted on the Catholic Legacy Society enrollment form. Membership is voluntary but strongly encouraged for the following spiritual, pastoral, and practical reasons:
- The society is a “basket” that holds gifts harvested from the fruits of your sacrificial offerings.
- The society provides an opportunity for the archdiocese to show gratitude to you for your planned charitable gift.
- The society provides a way to recognize and create a memorial of the donor or for you to pay tribute to one of your loved ones.
- Your enrollment has the opportunity to be a witness to other Catholics in the archdiocese of how legacy planned gifts can make an impact for a parish, school, or ministry.
As a Catholic Legacy Society member you are invited each year to Archbishop Naumann’s annual recognition dinner, Deo Gratias, and to be listed in the archdiocese’s Catholic Foundation of Northeast Kansas’s annual report.
Enroll and choose your preferences for sharing your gift by clicking HERE.
The Header image above was taken at Holy Trinity parish in Lenexa, Kansas.