Effective Wednesday, March 11, 2020, Archbishop Naumann issued the following directives for the faithful:
Be respectful of others by not contributing to the spread of viruses:
- If you are sick, stay home, for both your sake and the sake of others.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you sneeze or cough.
Takes steps to stay healthy:
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and hot water.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
Parishioners should now:
- Refrain from physical contact during the Sign of Peace.
- Refrain from drinking from the chalice.
- Refrain from using Holy Water fonts
- Refrain from holding hands during the Lord’s Prayer