Evangelization is an essential dimension of our mission as a Church. Our primary archdiocesan evangelization tool is the LEAVEN. The LEAVEN is to be sent to every Catholic household within the Archdiocese including those that do not make a donation. Responsibility for providing the LEAVEN to every household rests with the parish.
Recent Leaven Articles:
- by Carol Zimmermann WASHINGTON (CNS) — U.S. swimmer Katie Ledecky won the Olympic gold medal July 28 for the women’s 1,500-meter freestyle, a new event, on the heels of coming in fifth place in the 200-meter freestyle. The 24-year-old swimmer, who went to a Catholic elementary school and high school in Maryland, told reporters at […]
- by John Shaughnessy INDIANAPOLIS (CNS) — When the interview with Olympic cyclist Felicia Stancil began, the 26-year-old Indianapolis resident said it would be great if one particular story could be shared with people. It’s a story about her and her father, Jamie, a former professional BMX racer who introduced her to the sport. “My mom, […]
- by Catholic News Service TOKYO (CNS) — “Golden is thy fame, indeed,” the University of Notre Dame in Indiana tweeted July 25 after Lee Kiefer, class of 2017, won the gold medal in women’s foil fencing at the Tokyo Games. She beat defending champion Inna Deriglazova of Russia 15-13. Kiefer, 27, is the first American, […]
- by Catholic News Service BONN, Germany (CNS) — German Catholic churches offered spiritual and financial support to survivors of devastating flooding in two regions of the country. At Masses July 18, bishops, priests and parishioners prayed for those who died, emergency workers who continued to clear mud-lined streets and residents seeking to salvage what they […]
- by Doreen Abi Raad BEIRUT (CNS) — Cardinal Bechara Rai, the Maronite patriarch, pleaded for the intercession of Lebanon’s beloved St. Charbel Makhlouf as the beleaguered country spirals deeper into collapse, further roiled by the resignation of the prime minister-designate. “Today on the feast of St. Charbel, saint of Lebanon, we believe that he will […]
- by Junno Arocho Esteves VATICAN CITY (CNS) — Pope Francis expressed his closeness to the people of Cuba a week after protests erupted on the island nation. In his first public appearance after his release from Gemelli hospital, the pope told pilgrims in St. Peter’s Square July 18 that he was “near to the dear […]
- by Maria Wiering ST. PAUL, Minn. (CNS) — Archbishop Bernard A. Hebda of St. Paul and Minneapolis said July 16 that, for now, parishes that celebrate Mass in the extraordinary form — also known as the “traditional Latin Mass” or “Tridentine Mass” — should stick to the status quo. Archbishop Hebda has formed a task […]
- The post Pope restricts pre-Vatican II Latin Mass appeared first on The Leaven Catholic Newspaper.