As for me and My House, we will serve the Lord. – Joshua 24:15
Archbishop Joseph F. Naumann has asked parishes to show the new My House video, preach about the issue, and provide the accompanying materials during the first, second or third Sunday of Lent.
There are alarming amounts of young Catholic children and adults who have been negatively affected by pornography. We pray that the new My House video and materials will help to protect many Catholic children and families!
We are grateful to Archbishop Naumann, Matthew Kelly, Dr. Todd Bowman, Detective Jason Steinke, and Mark & Erin Schneider for their inspiring words in this video. The story of the 8-year old boy was based on a true story and filmed with professional actors with fictitious names to protect the anonymity of the family. This video was made possible through the generosity of the Loretto Foundation.
Samples of Homilies / Talking Points:
- Fr. Brian Schieber’s Homily
- Dcn. Mike Schreck’s Homily
- Additional Homily Support for the Sunday Readings
- Protecting Families Toolkit – many of these packets will be sent to each parish during the week of February 16, 2015
- Follow-up Resources – these can be downloaded / printed
- We are working hard to provide regular presentations at parishes and Catholic schools for protecting families from pornography. Sam Meier is available to give one presentation per week and here is the upcoming schedule. Sam often provides joint presentations with other brave Catholic men including Bill Scholl, Terry Sexton, and Mark Schneider. Here are recent PPT slides.