Report Suspicious Behavior or Abuse

What should I do if I suspect abuse or neglect of a child in Kansas?

If a child is in immediate danger call 911 or local law enforcement.

Any person who has reason to believe that a child is being abused or neglected can make a confidential report to the Kansas Department for Children and Families Protection Report Center:  1-800-922-5330. 

What should I do if I suspect abuse by church or school personnel?

In addition to making a report to the proper civil authorities, please make a report to the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas.  Taking the step to report a complaint of sexual abuse by a priest or employee of the Archdiocese is not easy.  For many people the strength and courage to make such a report often comes after many years of inner anguish.  Survivors, who have made such reports over the years, have sensitized us to needs of survivors and families especially with regard to making an initial complaint.  As you contemplate your contact with the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas, we want to assure you that you will be treated with respect and kindness.  After a survivor has completed the form below and submitted it, Ms. Jan Saylor, Report Investigator, will contact the survivor by phone or email to arrange for an interview by phone or in person.  The survivor will be asked to provide his/her name, date of birth, current address, phone number, name of perpetrator, years of abuse and a brief description of the nature of the abuse. General information which does not include the name of the survivor may also be shared with law enforcement officials. 

To submit a report online, click here.

If you prefer not to complete this form but to contact the Report Investigator directly by phone, please call Ms. Jan Saylor at 913-647-3051.

What should I do if I need to talk to someone?

Please contact the Victim Assistance Coordinator, Linda Slater-Trimble, by calling 913-298-9244.

MOCSA (Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault) is also available at  

 ¿Qué debo hacer si sospecho que un niño ha sido abusado o maltratado por personal de la Iglesia o de la escuela?

Además de hacer un reporte a la propias autoridades civiles, por favor haga un reporte a la Arquidiócesis.  La línea confidencial para reportes de la Arquidiócesis es: 913-647-3051

 ¿Qué debo hacer si sospecho del abuso o abandono de un niño en Kansas?

Cualquier persona que tenga razones para creer que un niño está siendo abusado o maltratado puede hacer su reporte confidencial al Departamento para Niños y Familias de Kansas.  El estado ha proporcionado un Centro de Protección con una línea telefónica gratuita las 24 horas del día.  Departamento para Niños y Familias de Kansas Centro de Reportes para la Protección y la Prevención 1-800-922-5330

 ¿Qué debo hacer si necesito platicar con alguien?

Además de la amplia variedad de organizaciones de salud mental, Caridades Católicas ofrece asesorías individuales y familiares.  Sólo debe llamar al 913-433-2100 que es el numero telefónico de Caridades Católicas.