The Leaven is the official newspaper of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas. It is the successor to the Eastern Kansas Register, which was first launched in 1939. The Leaven is typically published weekly from September through May and bi-monthly from June through August. It provides news to 185,483 Catholics in the archdiocese, which spans an area of 12,524 square miles in 21 counties, including those in the Kansas City area, Lawrence, Ottawa, Topeka, and Emporia. Much of the news reported in The Leaven is derived from the activities of the 106 parishes spread across those counties and their parishioners.
Latest Articles from The Leaven:
- "By any measurement, the campaign has been a big success."
- The purpose of the event is to raise awareness of the issue of religious liberty.
- "I hope it’s something that the kids will keep playing."
- Weight loss after a pandemic is no joke.
- Follow the link to learn more about the winners.
- If you plan it, they will come.
- "Know that there is great power in storms, but there is also a greater power in God."
- There’s no better place to be on a Wednesday night.