The Leaven is the official newspaper of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas. It is the successor to the Eastern Kansas Register, which was first launched in 1939. The Leaven is typically published weekly from September through May and bi-monthly from June through August. It provides news to 185,483 Catholics in the archdiocese, which spans an area of 12,524 square miles in 21 counties, including those in the Kansas City area, Lawrence, Ottawa, Topeka, and Emporia. Much of the news reported in The Leaven is derived from the activities of the 106 parishes spread across those counties and their parishioners.
Latest Articles from The Leaven:
- "It was really hard to leave that day."
- "I could really feel God’s connection through them."
- "The people of Sento Se were privileged to have a flying and faithful priest."
- The library was ready to greet students when school opened for the 2020-21 school year.
- Message received, loud and clear!
- Receiving a vaccine is not an immoral act.
- Change the game.
- Our doors have remained open by the willingness of our volunteer workforce.