The Leaven is the official newspaper of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas. It is the successor to the Eastern Kansas Register, which was first launched in 1939. The Leaven is typically published weekly from September through May and bi-monthly from June through August. It provides news to 185,483 Catholics in the archdiocese, which spans an area of 12,524 square miles in 21 counties, including those in the Kansas City area, Lawrence, Ottawa, Topeka, and Emporia. Much of the news reported in The Leaven is derived from the activities of the 106 parishes spread across those counties and their parishioners.
Latest Articles from The Leaven:
- "Every human life is a gift to the world."
- "We are very passionate about what we’re doing."
- Follow the link for information on the upcoming March for Life.
- By almost every measure, it has been a remarkable accomplishment for an incredible cause.
- The program is always looking to partner with area employers and other organizations.
- "It’s something very little that means so much."
- The school depends on this yearly event.
- My final advice is to develop a plan that includes contingencies and reach out for help where needed.