For these two estate and planned giving educational events coming up at Holy Spirit parish, October 5 and October 19, please RSVP to:
Terri Lynn, Director of Planned Giving for the archdiocese – email@example.com or call 913-647-0365 with your name and parish.
Both educational events will be held in the Martha and Mary room to the East of the main upper entrance of the church.
Tuesday, October 5, 2021
“Estate Planning, Practical Considerations for Now and 2022”
5:00 – 6:00 pm, Social 4:30 pm with light food fare.
Speaker – Casey Connealy, Estate Planning Attorney and member of the archdiocese’s Planned Giving Advisory Council.
Casey has met many faithful of the archdiocese holding seminars at other parishes and serving the Special Needs Ministry through education on Trusts to provide for children with special needs.
At this workshop, Casey will discuss providing for families and individuals pertinent to all types of goals:
- The difference between a Will and Trust
- The estate planning goals you should set prior to meeting with your attorney
- How to carry forth your family legacy
- A series of practical considerations as you plan forward
Tuesday, October 19, 2021
“Tax Reducing Strategies for Pre- and Post-Retirees”
5:00 – 6:00 pm, Social at 4:30 pm with light food fare.
Speaker – Bill Eckert, Charitable Advisor in Philanthropy which provides him an in-depth knowledge of the legal and financial tools necessary to help Catholics articulate and advance their highest aspirations for self, family, church, and society. Bill is also a member of the archdiocese’s Planned Giving Advisory Council. Bill will offer insight into the benefits of charitable gift planning alongside estate planning.
At this seminar, Bill will present:
- Current Opportunities
- How to significantly reduce income taxes and capital gain taxes
- How to receive significant tax deductions for up to five years
- How to protect your IRA from double taxation
- How to maintain your income during retirement
Coordinated by Terri Lynn, Director of Planned Giving, Office of Stewardship and Development and Shaw Leach, Parish Manager – Holy Spirit Parish