What makes a planned gift and how to maximize financial resources for giving from property or financial assets to charity can be complex. Estate planning advisors are well-versed, trained, and experienced in the various giving financial vehicles and strategies. Therefore, the Office of Stewardship and Development, Planned Giving has formed a Planned Giving Advisory Council, or PGAC.
The Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas seeks to enhance within the parishes, schools, and ministries a culture of planned giving. Planned giving is planning a gift to charity. The current call of practicing Catholics to leave a gift through their Will or Trust is immediate and necessary if our parishes and ministries are to continue in the coming decades.
The PGAC members are practicing Catholics residing within the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas. They are successful in the area of estate planning, financial planning, and tax law. They desire to serve the Church and the local Archdiocese with their expertise and are good stewards of their own financial resources.
Member Advisory Duties
The duties of the PGAC members are to:
- Advise the Archdiocese when there are questions surrounding Will and Trusts
- Educate the staff on any considerations that can be driving forces to planning the right gift
- Advise on print and digital materials prepared by the Archdiocese
- Invite their own Catholic clients to discern a planned gift to a Catholic parish, school, ministry or other Catholic Charity when appropriate
- Maintain the PGAC goal of helping to enhance a culture of planned giving through their relationships within the Archdiocese, staff, and parishioners
2019 Members of the Planned Giving Advisory Council with parish membership